Ad-Hoc Mechanical Technician
Our client, a recognised offshore services company, is looking for an Ad-Hoc Mechanical Technician (Watchkeeper) to mobilise in September/October to an FPSO for 9-12 months on a 3/4 rotation.
Primary duties include:
- Carrying out activities to ensure the safe and efficient functioning of all aspects of the Maintenance Department.
- The safe condition of all machinery, that it is operated in a safe manner and that all operations are carried out according to correct and safe procedures as directed.
- Monitoring of machinery to ensure efficient operation, to minimise fuel and oil consumption and to ensure maximum availability of machinery at all times as directed by the Mechanical Lead.
- Watchkeeping duties including making regular tours of inspection of machinery and ensuring that accurate readings are obtained for the completion of logbooks.
- Carrying out water tests and log as required by the Mechanical Lead.
- Carrying out maintenance and grease sampling as directed by the Mechanical Lead.
- The good working order of all emergency plant and equipment at all times.
- Efficient and economic use of spare equipment.
- Administration of Maximo Maintenance Management System (MMS) for Planned and Corrective Maintenance work orders.
- Supporting in the area of safe handling of refrigerants as appropriate.
- Performing tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
It is essential that all applicants have previous offshore experience as a Mechanical Technician (Watchkeeper) as well as all holding all relevant certificates (Offshore Survival including Firefighting & HUET, OGUK Medical, Shoulder Measurements, CA-EBS, MIST and a relevant recognised qualification for engine room systems).
To apply, contact the offshore team on 01224 561177, or alternatively send your CV and certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.