Business Development Manager (x3)
As part of an on-going expansion plan, our client is actively looking to increase their sales team with the appointment of 3 Business Development Managers. Based in Bridge of Don, the company is recognised as a solution provider to various industries including offshore, subsea and renewables. These positions will be offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
Candidates must be able to cross sell across the business as the range of services/products on offer has vastly increased. Because of this, our client would prefer someone who is technically minded and can learn about these products quickly in order to promote effectively. Although the positions will be based in Aberdeen, the company does have an international remit so there will be scope for occasional travel.
Primary focus will be to secure new business in new sectors with potential clients in the UK, Europe and Caspian markets.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Secure new contracts across existing and new customer base in line with overall group strategy.
- Coordinate and ensure the company is included on all relevant pre-qualification and tender lists for new business involving more than one division and has the opportunity to submit tenders for new, profitable business.
- Coordinate and deliver the growth, development and expansion of existing customer base.
- Act as key client interface both externally and internally for new contract involving all group companies within the segment and regions.
- Utilise existing contract relationships to maximise profitable revenue opportunities.
- Drive and coordinate the company’s participation in new market sectors, including but not limited to, decommissioning and renewables.
- Maintain regular and positive contact with existing and prospective clients to ensure the company is best placed to maximise business opportunities.
- Gather, maintain and update UK, Europe and Caspian market information about trends, potential new contracts, key client company personnel and competitor activities.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
Essentially the roles require excellent sellers with sound communication and negotiation skills. They will be first rate relationship builders and be able to manage clients’ needs effectively. Previous exposure to sales activities in a high value business to business environment is essential with a minimum of 3 years’ sales experience, and a proven track record in securing new sales and new business.
Applicants will be self-driven and motivated to exceed expectations, ambitious to prove their worth through achieving new sales and ultimately, excellent problem solvers.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer for these opportunities.
To apply, please contact Alexandra McDonald on 01224 561177 or alternatively send your CV for review to firstname.lastname@example.org