Our client, an offshore services company, is actively looking for an Electrical Technician to join their team on a permanent basis.
The position averages at 22 weeks per annum, worked on a 3/4 rotation, with a further 7 flexible 12-hour days worked around the offshore rota.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- The safe and efficient functioning of all the electrical aspect of the installation, including switching operations.
- A regular routine inspection being carried out of the entire electrical installation.
- Keeping the RPE and/or Electrical Lead informed of developments and activities.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure that electrical defects are dealt with promptly.
- Inspecting Contractors electrical equipment and maintaining a register.
- The control of all electrical equipment.
- Maintaining the good order of the electrical emergency systems, ensuring that they are instantly available when required.
- Monitoring and performing all electrical maintenance and repairs to ensure that they are carried out safely and to an acceptable standard of workmanship in accordance with the Company procedures.
- Planned maintenance being carried out when due and that all records are kept up to date in accordance with the Maximo Maintenance Management System.
- Efficient and economic use of spare parts and administration of Maximo Maintenance Management System.
- Making isolations in accordance with the Permit to Work Procedure.
- Deputising for the Electrical Lead when required.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
All applicants must have all valid offshore certification such as Offshore Survival (including HUET and Fire Fighting), OGUK Medical, MIST, OGUK Certificate of Fitness to Participate in Emergency Response Team Duties, as well as a valid electrical qualification recognised under the National Qualifications Framework, or a complete registered or indentured apprenticeship.
It is also essential that applicants have previous experience working onboard an FPSO, as well as experience in electrical installation work and HV/MV switching.
To apply, contact the team on 01224 56177, or alternatively send your CV and certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Claire Young/Natalie Newlands