As part of an on-going period of growth, our client is actively looking for an experienced Inspections Manager to join their team.
This role will be offered on a full-time, permanent basis with one of Aberdeen's most reputable oilfield equipment solution providers. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the planning and implementation of offshore and onshore lifting inspection activities, to satisfy contract and client requirements.
Applicants are advised the position involves managing a sizeable team including, up to 25 offshore personnel, Logistics Coordinator, 2 Supervisors and a Certification Administrator.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Ensure safe, cost effective planning and implementation of all inspection activities offshore and onshore according to and within client contract, budget and cost requirements and targets.
- Assist client in activity planning and costing of project activities, maximising project KPI potential where applicable.
- Supervise the mobilisation and demobilisation of suitability qualified technicians to and from work sites for offshore and onshore projects; ensuring that the certification database is kept up to date at all times to enable quick, problem free and cost effective staff mobilisation to jobs.
- Issue concise job instructions, ensuring all staff are fully briefed to complete projects in accordance with the company's operating procedures and statutory/client specifications in requirements.
- Submit inspection reports in accordance with customer, quality and schedule requirements.
- Manage competence and training requirements of inspection team to ensure company accepted competence standards are maintained at all times by all technicians; or training identified and carried out as soon as practicable to comply with these standards.
- Ensure that HSSEQ issues are addressed prior to the commencement of work scopes and those lessons learnt from previous experiences are fully incorporated into planning.
- Ensure that proper risk assessments are in place for carrying out project activities.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- LEEA qualifications are essential including at least Entry Certificate, plus one additional LEEA combined with 5 years' experience in a lifting, inspection or hire industry.
- Good understanding of LOLER, DNV and NDT standards.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent management skills.
- Awareness of site inspection requirements.
- Experience of offshore/remote site inspection and lifting gear is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of offshore training requirements and visa requirements for working outside the EU.
To apply, please contact Alexandra McDonald on 01224 561177 or alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org