Our client, a recognised offshore services company, is actively looking for an experienced Instrument Technician to join their team on a permanent basis.
Primary duties on board the FPSO will include;
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating all instrumentation installed on the installation.
- Repairing and calibrating all fire and gas systems.
- Repairing and maintaining all electronic control systems.
- Regularly inspecting the Instrumentation system to ensure correct operation of the equipment, associated with the DCS, F&G and ESD systems including portable equipment.
- Implementing and following through of Planned Maintenance routines and Corrective Maintenance work orders from the Maximo Maintenance Management System (MMS) for all instrumentation.
- Ensuring all applicable (installations) equipment adheres to intrinsically safe codes of practice.
- Maintaining operational effectiveness of computer LAN (Local Area Networks) onboard installation.
- Efficient and economic use of spare equipment and administration of Maximo Maintenance Management System (MMS).
- Completing all Training as directed by the company including Onboard Familiarisation.
- Ensuring continuous compliance with company competency assessment procedure.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in an offshore Maintenance Instrument Technician role in order to be considered.
The position averages at 22 weeks per annum, worked on a 3 weeks on, 4 weeks off rotation, with a further 7 flexible 12 hour days worked around the offshore rota.
All applicants are required to hold valid offshore documentation including Combined Offshore Survival, Fire Fighting and HUET, MIST, OGUK Medical Certificate, Oil & Gas UK Certificate of Fitness to Participate in Emergency Response Team Duties, and a certificate in Instrumentation/Electronics.
To apply, please contact the offshore team on 01224 561177 or alternatively, send your CV and all up to date certificates to email@example.com
Claire Young/Natalie Newlands