ITC Support Technician
TEAM's Commercial division is actively looking to speak with experienced IT personnel, for an opportunity with one of our O&G services clients.
The ITC Support Technician will support all aspects of IT within the company, with key duties including;
- Onsite first-line support for users and configuring new users and computers.
- Daily IT and system troubleshooting, software application support.
- Ensuring that software and operating systems are up to date, deploying patches.
- Maintaining, documenting and reporting on all company IT systems.
- Sourcing IT parts or equipment.
- Evaluating the latest technologies and making recommendations to management on potential opportunities or improvements.
- Providing expertise and support to Business Applications and Applied Technology Projects.
- Assisting the Training and Development team with IT and security awareness training.
- Overseeing the IT budgets to make sure there are no unnecessary expenditures. Supports the Head of Technology in setting budgets and in making applications for expenditure.
- Developing and directing all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information.
- Developing and implementing all internal communication systems, such as voice, video conferencing, email and instant messaging.
- Planning and implementing proper IT usage policies for employees.
- Directing the development of disaster recovery plans and ensuring their implementation in instances of a breach.
- Assisting the Head of Technology with the ongoing development of the IT strategy for the business, working with colleagues throughout the business to understand their IT needs.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Relevant first line IT support experience
- Experience managing networks and server installations
- Degree or HNC/HND in IT Support, Computer Science or related discipline
- Microsoft accreditation for Windows Server and related technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and efficient
To apply, please contact Alexandra McDonald on 01224 561177 or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com