Our client, an established energy services organisation, is actively looking for a Marine Technician on a permanent basis.
This role will average 22 weeks per annum, worked on 3/4 rotation, with a further 7 flexible 12 hour days worked around the offshore rota.
Primary duties will include:
- Monitoring of hull stresses and the vessel stability and control of cargo/ballast distribution to maintain these within pre-defined limits and statutory requirements, whilst optimising the vessel loading condition in line with environmental conditions and vessel operations.
- Supervising Cargo reception, storage and offloading together with ballast systems, including operation of cargo and ballast control systems.
- Quality control of cargo for export includes sampling tanks, removal of excess free water, etc.
- Tank cleaning and gas freeing operations.
- Tank entry and maintenance operations within tanks.
- Acting as Area Authority for all areas which come under the auspices of the Marine department.
- Knowledge of Maximo system along with the ability to input/extract data as required.
- Maintaining Marine department Maximo inputs and managing same on a regular basis.
- Helicopter Radio Operations as required.
- Radio communications with vessels in-field as required.
- Ensuring continuous compliance with the Company Competency Assurance scheme.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
Candidates must have valid offshore certification including Survival, MIST, OGUK Medical, HUET, Fire Fighting, Dangerous Cargo Endorsement and STCW ’95 Certificate of Competency as Chief Mate (Unlimited) preferred OR Officer of Watch as a minimum combined with sound experience in ships handling/ dynamic positioning.
All applicants must have previous sufficient tanker experience as Deck Officer or equivalent FPSO experience.
To apply, contact the team on 01224 561177, or alternatively, send your CV and certification to email@example.com.