Our client, a recognised Oil and Gas services organisation, is actively looking for a Materials Controller to join their Aberdeen team. Reporting to the company’s Workshop and Operations Manager, this position will be on a full-time, permanent basis with the primary objective being to ensure all activities with the materials control/storage function are carried out in a safe manner.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Deliver a high-quality material control service, in accordance with company and client requirements, standards and procedures, ensuring inventory management and control, particularly of critical spares and effective cost control.
- Support overall safe delivery of company goals, schedule and budget.
- Ensure that all storage responsibilities are actioned in a safe and controlled manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric and environment.
- Track, record and keep up to date records of all materials, including those from call-off through to receipt and issue or return where appropriate.
- Understand and implement regulatory working practices and procedures relating to the handling and storage of dangerous goods/chemicals; ensuring that these are stored correctly and impose no harm to personnel or environment.
- Issue from storage consumables, materials, plant and equipment in a timely manner to support the operations team, ensuring where appropriate that stock management systems are duly updated and that traceability is maintained.
- Highlight to management areas of concern where integrity or cost over-runs are incurred.
- Assist with the reconciliations of surplus material and preparation for backload.
- Prepare manifests/shipping notifications, including those required for dangerous goods to be shipped by sea or air ensuring where appropriate that such returns are recorded in SAP in a compliant and traceable manner.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
Ideally the successful candidate will have proven experience within a stores function in the role of Materials Controller as well as a sound understanding of the materials control functions including receipt, storage, issue and movement of materials. It is also preferred for applicants to hold the following; Dangerous Goods by Road/Air/Sea, Forklift Licence and be proficient in both SAP and FAME.
To apply please contact Alexandra McDonald on 01224 561177 or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com