Senior Contracts Engineer
Our client, one of Aberdeen's most reputable subsea service companies, is looking to add a Senior Contracts Engineer to their Aberdeen team.
This full-time, permanent opportunity will provide lead support whilst mentoring other commercial members of the team in tender preparation, as well as supporting the operations team in relation to project commercial issues.
Although primary focus will be in supporting the Aberdeen office, the successful candidate will also support the global commercial teams.
Key duties will include;
- Preparation of requests for information, budget proposals and tenders, including associated subcontractor and supplier proposals (where applicable) in accordance with our internal management systems.
- Prepare detailed and accurate tender price estimates whilst providing first pass reviews of material prepared by Contracts Engineers and Graduates at the relevant stages of the tender process as required.
- Compile and manage any other associated documentation required in line with the tendering process.
- Prepare and, where necessary, assist members of the team in developing commercial and contractual positions for management review and approval.
- Maintain commercial databases.
- Collate required information for the purposes of the Asset Look Forward and associated forecasting.
- Maintain up to date and comprehensive clarification registers for tenders.
- Prepare commercial and contractual deliverables for inclusion in client tender submissions (i.e. commercial, contractual, and technical qualifications) with support from other departments where required and assist others in the department in the developments of theirs.
- Manage the handover of all relevant commercial and contractual documents between departments, i.e. Operations department in the event of contract award.
- Provide day to day support to the operations team in relation to any commercial issues that arise on project and lead any client meetings from a commercial perspective along with the Project Manager.
- Develop and improve company standard tender processes with a focus on continuous improvement and encourage development of team members.
- Compile departmental reporting as and when required by Management.
- Assist Commercial Management in departmental workload planning.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
Applicants are advised they need a proven background in a similar role in order to be considered, as well as sound numerical and analytical skills and the ability to review contracts efficiently.
Candidates should be educated to a degree level, preferably a business related or quantity surveying degree.
Our client is looking for someone with strong business and commercial acumen, excellent organisation and communication skills, and first rate numerical skills with the ability to develop excel spreadsheets.
To apply, please contact Alexandra McDonald on 01224 561177 or alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org