Senior Contracts Engineer
As part of an on-going growth period, one of Aberdeen's most reputable operators is looking to add a Senior Contracts Engineer to their team.
This permanent, full-time position will report directly to the Contracts and Procurement Team Lead with the purpose of providing support to the business across all areas of activity in the international contracts team.
Duties will include;
- Be pro-active in the preparation of contract strategies and development plans for company's on-going requirements.
- Coordination and preparation of tender strategies and enquiries including pre-qualification requirements.
- Coordination and evaluation of tender submissions, including development of commercial and contractual evaluation models, conduct clarification and negotiation meetings, prepare and present recommendations to award to management.
- Prepare contractual documentation, setting up files in accordance with company procedures.
- Post-award contract administration, rate negotiations, claim/variation agreements, contract amendments, performance assessments and the maintenance of comprehensive paper and electronic files.
- Provision of day-to-day liaison/advice service on commercial and contractual matters to personnel within the relevant business lines to ensure company's best interests are maintained.
- Research and resolve all commercial/contractual issues involving and /or referring to company's legal, finance, tax and/or insurance advisers as appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of market intelligence relevant to the vendors providing/who may provide services to company.
- Effective coordination between company contracts, procurement and commercial teams, other company departments and contracting entities to minimise problems/claims.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Significant contracts engineering experience within the O&G industry or similar industry is essential
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Negotiation, presentation and influencing skills
- High level of literacy/report writing and numeracy skills
- Substantial proven experience in establishing major contracts from conception to close-out within an operating organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in conducting meetings with contractor and operator personnel up to senior management level
- Willingness to travel overseas if required would be preferred
To apply, please contact Alexandra McDonald on 01224 561177 or alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org