Technical Safety Engineering Team Leader
Our client, a reputable operator within Aberdeen's O&G sector, is actively looking to add to their team with a Technical Safety Engineering Team Leader.
This full-time, permanent opportunity will report directly to the SHE Manager and be primarily responsible for providing specialist support, advice and guidance on technical aspects of safety. Ultimately, the aim is to ensure the company is up-to-date with industry developments and best practice.
Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Provide direct supervision, coaching and guidance as necessary to a team on Technical Safety Engineers.
- Providing links between operational areas of company and SHE department to ensure that specific Process Safety support needs of the organisation are identified and met.
- Act as a Technical Authority.
- Conduct and review Operational Risk Assessments.
- Coordination of and participation in technical safety risk assessment activities e.g. HAZID, HAZOP etc.
- Development of in-house Technical Safety capabilities.
- Provision of technical safety and risk management support and advice to operational and project personnel.
- Develop and deliver Major Accident Hazard Awareness programmes.
- Liaison with regulatory authorities and other relevant external bodies.
Travel to all company installations and operational locations will be required.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be considered;
- Thorough understanding of relevant statutory provisions, particularly in relation to Major Accident Hazard Management.
- Experience on technical authoring desirable.
- Auditing skills.
- A relevant engineering degree or formal technical safety/risk management qualification e.g. MSc in Safety & Reliability Engineering.
- Chartered or working towards Chartership via and Engineering Council professional body e.g. SaRS/SEE, IChemE, IMechE.
- Excellent working knowledge of QRA, CBA, FERA, EERA, Passive and Active Fire Protection.
- Experience in facilitating studies - e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, SIMOPs, SIL Assessment, Bow-Tie analysis, ALARP demonstration etc.
- Familiarity with UK, European and International Codes and Standards.
- Experience in Safety Case Management is essential.
To apply, please contact Alexandra McDonald on 01224 561177 or alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org