2x Lead Mechanical Technicians
The Mechanical Lead is responsible for directing and co-ordinating the daily activities of the Mechanical Team and to support the delivery of health, safety and environmental standards, Technical Integrity Standards and Corporate Management System.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
The Mechanical Lead is responsible to the Maintenance Superintendent for:
- Administration of the Mechanical Department on a day to day basis and informing the Maintenance Superintendent of all developments.
- Ensuring that all staff including contractors, have adequate information to carry out tasks safely and efficiently, in compliance with control measures and site safety precautions.
- Reporting incidents and non-conformities.
- Ensuring that the safety, health and welfare of all the mechanical team are maintained to the company's policy and statutory standards.
- Acting as Area Authority (Mechanical) for the electronic permit to work system.
- Managing and controlling isolation/de-isolation certificates and complying with company isolation policy. Adequate records must be kept and updated as required.
- Monitoring and controlling mechanical and electrical long term isolations. Adequate records must be kept and updated as required.
- Controlling key lockout box system. Log must be kept up to date.
- Supporting in the resourcing and development of maintenance operations personnel.
- Supporting and ensuring mechanical team reach required standard of competency.
- Acting as Assessor within the company's competency assessment procedure.
- Ensuring commitment to the Technical and Operation Integrity Standards for all maintenance, services and engineering works completed by the mechanical team.
- Contributing to the creation and maintenance of operational budgets and providing monthly forecasts.
- Liaising with contractors, onshore support teams and other departments, keeping them informed of activities that may affect them.
- Providing clear and concise communication of priorities to relevant personnel, including team meetings, handovers and information on targets and performance.
- Performing tasks in a safe and responsible manner, ensuring all personnel under their jurisdiction including Service Engineers, do the same.
- Raising Material Requisitions for the ordering of spare equipment and confirm the correct delivery.
- Deputising for the Maintenance Superintendent when required.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management System (MMS) along with the ability to input/extract data as required.
- Maintaining Mechanical Department Maximo inputs and managing same on a regular basis.
Natalie or Claire