Accounts Payable Supervisor
Team Recruitment are looking to source an Accounts Payable Supervisor on a permanent basis for a drilling client in Aberdeen.
Manage a team of AP Accountants processing payments to vendors. Continually monitor the Accounts Payable processes for potential improvements to ongoing operations and business support functions
- Supervise/lead the weekly vendor payment runs; review of payment proposal before uploading to the bank system.
- Be as first point of escalation resolution; to administer relevant system resolution where required in an efficient manner and be the link between Accounts Payable and the business to resolve ongoing issues.
- Day to day assistance of escalated queries in Invoice Processing Team
- Proactively manage the workload of the Invoice Processing Team in coordination to ensure KPIs are met.
- Lead, motivate and develop the third-party Invoice Processing Team
- Contribute to the effective implementation of processes and procedures within Invoice Processing area, maintaining up to date process notes.
- Be able to assist AP Manager during regular team meetings.
- Support the accrual validation process when required.
- Review important SOAs and supplier reconciliation statements.
- Checking daily mailbox inflow for critical issues
- Provide coaching and feedback to teammates and evaluate their performances.
- Review of PO's receipted not vouchered, highlight issues and work towards resolution.
- Coordinates with locations queries of Supply Chain issues related to PO receipt or revision/resolution of match exception reports.
- Assist ERP on enhancing the AP module or communicating AP needs.
- Support external and internal audit data gathering requirements.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries from other departments.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in AP and general accounting.
- Experience as an AP Supervisor preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications, ideally an ERP system
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel experience
- Industry knowledge preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Eye for detail, accuracy is imperative.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative.
- Conversant with internal control