Currently looking for a: Construction Lead (Mechanical & Piping)
In our experience, different thinking delivers different and better results, which is why we always challenge the norm and shift expectations. Our commitment to challenge aspects of traditional EPC project delivery allows us to unlock key operational and commercial efficiencies for our customers.
We recognise and celebrate that it is our people who make our company great and as a growing business we are always looking for new talent.
We offer flexibility, empowerment and career development in a progressive and inspiring environment, where you will feel motivated, valued and supported. An environment where bold, free and disruptive thinking is encouraged.
What you’ll be doing
The Construction Lead is responsible for all aspects of a contract relating to offshore or onshore construction activities. They will ensure that all construction activities are planned in accordance with client requirements and that sufficient tooling, equipment and personnel are supplied to execute the scope safely and efficiently. The position must support in the overall delivery of the business objectives.
You will be responsible for:
Key Function Fundamentals: People, Process and Systems
- Promote the use of our HSE standards to our onshore and offshore teams. Including intervening if observe any breach of HSE and Quality Procedures or practices.
- Challenge the norm and how things are done to deliver better result for all stakeholders.
- Request information necessary to perform the task as efficiently as possible and challenge any deficiencies.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
- Drive a culture of WeChallenge, supported by a Contract or Project tracker of savings, efficiencies and Net zero solutions.
- Ensure a robust onboarding process is deployed for all Project/Contract personnel – with specific focus on new starts (with Offshore supervision being ultra-critical and subject to checklist).
- Active participation c/w Functional input to ensure the contract team have current and active objectives and development plans in place
- Devise a fully resourced Offshore Mgt visit calendar, which should be supported by BL Directors or other LT members.
- Supporting ‘Exchange Zones’ roll-out and deployment across their Project/Contract service provision.
- Take a lead to develop Business development opportunities for the client, to ensure current and any new service provisions are maximised.
Project Controls (day to day focus of team)
- Provide input to GEG asset plans for the relevant contract ensuring that accurate and up to date information is included
- Check GEG offshore daily reports for progress against scopes under their Management
- Review and approve Construction work packs and GOC CCHPs
- Attend weekly planning meetings as required
- Ensures adequate information is available to construction team to undertake planned project construction tasks
- Assume project commercial and technical responsibility for all projects where they are PRP (project responsible person)
- Acts as focal point for project construction work, coordinating tooling and equipment, arranging labour supply and monitoring progress and productivity
- Verification of compliance for both personnel and equipment to individual project and industry standards.
What we need from you
- Perm position
- Full-time – 37.5 hrs/pw
- Location – Aberdeen
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Qualified to Degree Level in Relevant Discipline; and/or Trade Qualification 4-year apprenticeship/ and/or NVQ / SVQ Level 3.
- Minimum of 5 Years Vocational Experience in an onshore support role or offshore supervisory role
- Relevant Offshore Mandatory Requirements (Survival, Medical, MIST, EBS, etc.)