Our client is looking for a Consultant Engineer for a permanent position located in Glasgow.
Engineers within the consultancy team deliver the best technical solutions by utilising their experience in conducting risk assessments, investigations and studies of process plants and offshore assets encompassing piping, static equipment, structures and machinery.
The teamwork across the global business to support customers and in partnership with customers develop winning proposals for new projects. You will proactively demonstrate the value of our technical offering and optimise the delivery model to make best use of global resources and state of the art technology.
As a specialist you will initiate and deliver successful projects by utilising the very best technical resources within the team. Using your skills, knowledge and experience this will enable you to perform engineering studies, detailed site investigations, undertake desktop analysis solve complex problems and develop cost effective engineered solutions.
The role will interface with both internal teams and external clients; therefor the individual must be a proficient communicator. A key focus of the role is on developing relationships with existing and new clients to grow the business.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- BSc/BEng / MEng Mechanical Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering or Chemical Engineering/Acoustics/Physics/Metallurgy Related Degrees (Chartered status preferred or at least working towards)
Note: lesser qualifications may be accepted provided exceptional experience can be demonstrated (e.g. ONC or HNC or NVQ Level 4 in a suitable engineering subject – Mechanical, Materials, Chemical, Engineering Science)
- Experience of working in an Engineering Consultancy environment in a client facing role and managing engineering projects
- Experience in financial control and delivering to budget
- Familiar with QA/QC systems and procedures, service quality, and managing customer satisfaction
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of effectively leading projects and teams
- Experience of delivering Engineering Consultancy Projects services across multiple disciplines in the oil and gas industry
- Previous experience of working globally