Senior Contracts Engineer
We are currently recruiting a Senior / Contracts Engineer for our client in Aberdeen.
This is a full time, office based long term contract role.
Purpose of Role:
- To provide proactive and comprehensive support to the business across all areas of activity undertaken by the SCCO Contracts and Procurement Team – International. The role shall support our North Sea and African assets and may support any of our departments.
- To protect and enhance the commercial interests of company in its contracting activities with all third party service providers.
- A strong emphasis will be placed on ensuring that business undertakings are committed on the most cost-effective and minimal risk basis, all in accordance with company contracting strategies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities to include:
- Be pro-active in the preparation of contract strategies and development plans for ongoing requirements.
- Co-ordination and preparation of tender strategies and enquiries including prequalification requirements.
- Co-ordination and evaluation of tender submissions, including development of commercial and contractual evaluation models, conduct clarification and negotiation meetings, prepare and present recommendations to award to management.
- Prepare contractual documentation, setting up files in accordance with company procedures.
- Post-award contract administration, rate negotiations, claim/variation agreements, contract amendments, performance assessments and the maintenance of comprehensive files.
- Provision of day-to-day liaison/advice service on commercial and contractual matters to personnel within the relevant business lines to ensure company best interests are maintained.
- Research and resolve all commercial/contractual issues involving and/or referring to company Legal, Finance. Tax and Insurance advisers as appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of market intelligence relevant to the vendors providing/who may provide services to company.
- Development and implementation of key performance indicators and continuous improvement of contractor’s performance against same.
- Use of commercial expertise to create significant savings in relation to mitigation of claims from contractors or in the preparation of claims against contractors/other parties.
- Effective co-ordination between Commercial & Contracts team, other departments and contracting entities to minimise problems/claims.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Proven experience in establishing significant contracts from conception to close-out within the oil and gas industry. We are ideally seeking an individual who has all round (generalist) experience in operations but who also has project experience in development and / or decommissioning activities;
- Experience of establishing contracts for areas out with the UK – proven ability to understand country specific terms and conditions;
- Attention to detail;
- Organised and able to prioritise tasks effectively;
- Excellent data analysis skills;
- Negotiation, presentation and influencing skills;
- Able to work with minimal supervision and make decisions;
- High level of literacy/report writing and numeracy skills;
- Experience in conducting meetings with contractor and operator personnel up to management level;
- Presenting and negotiating professional opinions in contract and other commercial areas, including all aspects of liabilities, indemnities and insurances and other contractual qualifications (with reference as appropriate to Legal, Tax and Insurance Personnel);
- Able to work under pressure and sometimes severe time constraints;
- Overseas travel may be required.