ongoing rotation 3 on 4 off
The Electrical Technician is responsible for the safe and efficient functioning of all aspects of the electrical distribution systems. He is nominated Senior Authorised Person Electrical (SAPE), and to perform the duties of Responsible Person Electrical (RPE), when competent to do so.
The Electrical Technician is responsible to the Electrical Lead for:
- The safe and efficient functioning of all the electrical aspect of the installation, including switching operations.
- A regular routine inspection being carried out of the entire electrical installation.
- Keeping the RPE and/ or Electrical Lead informed of developments and activities.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure that electrical defects are dealt with promptly.
- Inspecting Contractors electrical equipment and maintaining a register.
- The control of all electrical equipment.
- Maintaining the good order of the electrical emergency systems, ensuring that they are instantly available when required.
- Monitoring and performing all electrical maintenance and repairs to ensure that they are carried out safely and to an acceptable standard of workmanship in accordance with the Company procedures.
- Planned maintenance being carried out when due and that all records are kept up to date in accordance with the Maximo Maintenance Management System.
- Efficient and economic use of spare parts and administration of Maximo Maintenance Management System.
- Making isolations in accordance with the Permit to Work Procedure.
- Deputising for the Electrical Lead when required.
- Compliance with and commitment to:
- Performing all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
Education & experience
- Combined Offshore Survival, Fire Fighting and HUET Certificate
- MIST / IMIST
- Oil & Gas UK Offshore Medical Certificate
- Oil & Gas UK Certificate of Fitness to Participate in Emergency Response Team Duties
- Electrical or E & I qualification recognised under the National Qualifications Framework OR a completed registered or indentured apprenticeship
- Practical experience in electrical installation work and switching
- HV/MV Switching
- Arrival Installation Safety Induction
- Authorised Gas Tester
- Electronic Permit To Work Area Authority
- Electronic Permit to Work Performing Authority
- Isolating Authority
- Environmental Awareness
- Hazardous Areas 5 day Compex
- Electrical Protection
- HV / LV Switching
- Authorised Electrical Person
- Senior Authorised Electrical Person
- Offshore Emergency Response Team Member
- Offshore Emergency Helideck Team Member
- Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Training
- Electricity at Work Regulations
- Dangerous Goods by Air Awareness
- First Aid at Work (1 Day) A;H
Claire or Natalie