We are recruiting a HSE Advisor for a contract role based in Portlethen.
This role is to cover maternity leave with an expected duration of 11 – 12 months.
Purpose of Role:
Monitor and support all aspects of day to day Health, Safety and Environmental related issues. Ensuring the company comply with all HSE local and governmental Legislation, compliance with any Internal Group Initiatives. Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner in line with company Safety, Quality, Environmental, and LEAN principles.
Including but not limited to:
- Conduct QHSE audits in accordance with internal schedule. Follow up on action points and always ensure Audit findings are communicated to all relevant personnel.
- Advise Management on Health & Safety and Environmental changes which will affect the business.
- Log all HSE Observations/Near Misses.
- Conduct in conjunction with Management accident/incident investigation.
- Work in accordance with HR & Line Management as a return to work coordinator, ensuring any personnel returning following injury or illness has appropriate return to work options.
- Prepare and provide HSE stats to Management, customers and at Group Level when required.
- Conduct and document Monthly Base Inspections and communicate at Monthly Safety Meetings.
- Ensure compliance of Internal audit program, and any external HSE audits.
- Ensure compliance with ISO9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS18001 Standards.
- Maintain and improve HSMS & EMS Systems.
- Ensure all HSE requirements, plans & goals are implemented, monitored and reviewed.
- Assist operational personnel in ensuring Company HSE policy and procedures are correctly implemented and adhered to.
- Conduct daily facility tours to assist operational employees with any questions or issues they may have with regards to HSE.
- Provide QHSE induction training for all new employees.
- Communicate and promote HSE Management System on a daily basis.
- Initiate, review and update Company Risk Assessments.
- Communicate HSE performance and increase awareness to all employees.
- Compile in conjunction with Management and Operations monthly Safety Meetings.
- Implement, monitor and review Fire evacuations.
- Conduct Environmental Spill Training.
- Conduct Manual Handling Training, and chair regular Manual Handling group meetings.
- Compile stats for monthly Managers and QHSE meetings.
- Ensure continuous improvement with company and personal objectives aligned to the SDM & PDP.
- Promote a safe working culture within the facility.
- Company global EHS standards have been disseminated throughout our operations.
- Any other duties as required by Management
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications:
3-5 Years relevant experience in a HSE Advisor role; NEBOSH National General Certificate as a minimum. Trained HSE Auditor. Experience in/of maintaining a Management System; Delivering HSE Presentations; Carrying out HSE Inspections; Carrying out Risk Assessments; Delivering HSE Training; Chemical Hazard Awareness; Auditor Training; Good knowledge of HSE Legislation; COSHH & Chemical hazard awareness.
Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Proficient in Microsoft Applications and maintaining a management system.