The Instrument Technician is primarily responsible for the safe and efficient functioning of the DCS, control systems and all its associated equipment and to perform preventative and corrective maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively. Additionally assisting in specific areas of the production operation as required.
The Instrument Technician is responsible to the Instrument Lead for:
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating all instrumentation installed on the installation.
- Repairing and calibrating all fire and gas systems.
- Repairing and maintaining all electronic control systems.
- Regularly inspecting the Instrumentation system to ensure correct operation of the equipment, associated with the DCS, F&G and ESD systems including portable equipment.
- Direct liaison with Kongsberg for technical assistance as and when required.
- Implementing and following through of Planned Maintenance routines and Corrective Maintenance work orders from the Maximo Maintenance Management System (MMS) for all instrumentation.
- Ensuring all applicable (installations) equipment adheres to intrinsically safe codes of practice.
- Maintaining operational effectiveness of computer LAN (Local Area Networks) onboard installation
- Efficient and economic use of spare equipment and administration of Maximo Maintenance Management System (MMS).
- Completing all Training as directed by the company including Onboard Familiarisation.
- Ensuring continuous compliance with the companies competency assessment procedure.
- Carry out ATEX inspections as directed.
- Performing tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Stand in as Instrument Lead as required.
- Compliance with and commitment to:
- Ensuring functionality of F&G, ESD and DCS systems
- Calibration of process level transmitters
- Electronic work in hazardous areas
- Maintenance and Calibration of Oil in Water Monitors.
- Maintenance of DCS
- The development and review of operational procedures and manuals
- Company Policies and Procedures
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Combined Offshore Survival, Fire Fighting and HUET Certificate
- MIST / IMIST
- Oil & Gas UK Offshore Medical Certificate
- Oil & Gas UK Certificate of Fitness to Participate in Emergency Response Team Duties
- Recognised certificate in Instrumentation/Electronics
- Experience of direct DCS, PLC, F&G and ESD Maintenance
- Experience of direct DCS Maintenance
Natalie or Claire