Lead Cost Controller
We are recruiting a Lead Cost Controller for a permanent role in Aberdeen.
This position is based in the city centre, working 37.5 hours per week.
A leading role to ensure consistency in process, software use and management of the cost control service and resources across all contracts/clients. In addition, this role manages the cost application (including the quality of any spreadsheets used as part of the cost management function), regularly audits to check its appropriate use and ensures its optimum deployment.This role also produces and manages the processes for and output from cost requirements across contracts, clients and business functions.
All Cost Controllers report into the Cost Lead and the role reports to the Project Controls Manager.This role will be expected to undertake personnel management through the setting of objectives, completing appraisals (targets & objectives for which will be set jointly in conjunction with Contract Manager / Project Manager) and actively support in the development of the team and individual members.This role will also support the hiring process, disciplinaries, manage holiday approvals, sickness notifications and resource cover.
You will be responsible for:
- This role will regularly attend all cost meetings across all contracts (not every meeting, but a selection) to ensure quality and effectiveness is maintained.
- The role will also stand in when necessary for other cost controllers, although only in emergencies.
- It will regularly audit cost reports and deliverables to ensure consistency of application use. It will own and update the procedures and work instructions.
- It is responsible for the selection and appointment/removal of cost controllers and their development, as required.
- It is responsible for defining, running and managing all cross contract/client cost control and reporting processes.
- It is responsible for the optimal use of process and tools and the continual improvement of the cost control service.
- It is responsible for interfacing with the Planning Lead to ensure alignment of process, deliverables and systems where appropriate.
- It is also responsible for defining the reporting standards and templates of the Cost Function.Where client specific deviations are agreed by the Contract Manager, it will be responsible for documenting said deviations and ensuring compliance.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Proven ability and track record in leading a team
- Cost control or financial management experience, with previous experience working at a senior level
- HNC or higher qualifications preferred
- Excel Expert
- Expertise with other cost management package, i.e., SAP, Oracle Finance etc.
- Organising, chairing meetings and presentation skills are critical
- Business planning/Commercial awareness
- Facilitation experience desirable
- Procedure and work instruction writing experience desirable
Aberdeen City Centre