Lead Structural Designer
We are recruiting a Lead Structural Designer for our client in Aberdeen.
This role is offered on a staff or PSC/LTD contract basis.
Key role to ensure structural design activities are delivered in alignment with companies integrated delivery model. You will be accountable for estimating, coordinating the preparation of design deliverables, managing delivery and maintaining technical excellence for your allocated team / project portfolio. Reporting directly to the Head of Structural & Civils and Head of Structural Design. This role is critical to our success as we evolve into one of the leading EPC contractors in the market.
- To supervise and provide support to structural designers.
- Produce structural deliverables in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Check and approve structural deliverables in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Prepare & check materials take-offs and bill of materials.
- Undertake offshore surveys and create survey reports.
- Assist in the preparation of CTR estimates
- Provide technical input during detailed engineering of projects if requested.
- Respond to & endorse technical queries.
- Contribute to the development of structural designers.
- Establish good working relationships and communication with designers, other discipline leads, department managers and clients.
- Monitor and maintain project plans and provide regular progress updates for assigned scopes
- Contribute to the general “health” of the department and maintain regular dialogue with the discipline Heads with any suggestions on how to improve from a technical and infrastructure point of view.
- Assist with training and supporting the company’s trainee development scheme.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- 15 Years’ experience in the Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industry and ONC in engineering (or equivalent) or:
- 10 Years’ experience in Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industry and HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrable competence in the use of AutoCAD 2D & 3D and ReCap software
- Good working knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Highly motivated and self-reliant with excellent teamworking skills
- Ideally relevant offshore mandatory requirements (Survival, Medical, MIST, EBS etc.)