Lead Structural Engineer
We are recruiting a Lead Structural Engineer for our client in Aberdeen.
Also willing to consider Principal looking to make the step up.
You will be accountable for managing delivery and maintaining technical excellence for your allocated team / project portfolio. Reporting directly to the Head of Structural & Civils.
- Responsible for overall management of the assigned team, including workload allocation, quality assurance, and delivery to the plans
- Provide design input into tenders and proposals as required
- Provide technical input into scopes of work, and prepare estimates as required
- Ensure that assigned work is compliant to agreed budget and schedule
- Prepare discipline deliverables (as appropriate) and provide input to multidiscipline deliverables
- Checking/approval of discipline deliverables prepared by other team members
- Maintain project plan and provide progress updates for assigned scopes
- Discipline focal point for project scope/schedule change(s) in accordance with project change control process.
- Ensure compliance to applicable and current standards, regulations, codes and procedures.
- Estimate/schedule preparation & approval and electronic submission via company digital eco-system.
- Conduct and support the competency assessment of design personnel
- Maintain regular contact and dialog with the Head of Structural & Civils highlighting issues, concerns, or areas for improvement.
- Support the recruitment process across the business
- Provide technical expertise to the resolution of technical queries ensuring that all design changes are captured by the change control process.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Degree qualification in a relevant engineering subject
- Ideally chartered with a relevant institution (e.g. ICE, IStructE)
- Brownfield experience in the offshore sector
- Technical competence in concept, FEED and detailed design of steel structures
- Knowledge and experience in the use of relevant design codes and standards (e.g. Eurocodes, AISC, DNV, etc)
- Proven track record of effectively managing a team of engineers/designers
- Excellent communication skills with all relevant stakeholders – clients, structural team members of all levels, other engineering disciplines, and other non-engineering personnel
- Competence in ensuring quality of work and delivery to agreed schedules
- Competence in the use of relevant engineering analysis and calculation software (e.g. STAAD.Pro, Mathcad, and any other relevant packages)
- Experience in leading, motivating and developing teams
- Competence in commercial, contractual, and administrative aspects of Engineering