Managed Pressure Drilling Technicians
Reporting to the MPD Operations Supervisor (Europe), the Field Service Technician will take responsibility for supporting and servicing all products and clients for our clients Managed Pressure Drilling business within Europe and the Eastern Hemisphere. Your existing knowledge within Managed Pressure Drilling, Choke Manifold, RCD’s, and Pipework will be critical to your success in this role. Candidates will have a background in Managed Pressure Drilling.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main roles, include, but are not limited to the following:
Provide technical support for a MPD operations for all associated MPD tasks in the preparation, execution, and end of well maintenance.
Calibration, Maintenance, Repair, Troubleshooting, including system rig up/rig down.
Mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical aptitude with troubleshooting skills, including wiring.
Familiarity with a feedback control loop and control fundamentals including single loop controllers, and programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
Operate multi-meters and signal generators needed to setup, calibrate, and troubleshoot instrumentation.
Ability to read and understand hydraulic set ups and process flow diagrams
Proven track history of running RCD’s and knowledge of pressurised equipment and systems
Computing skills, Microsoft Dynamics.
Assist MPD Field Service Supervisor in all tasks at the wellsite.
Ability to communicate accurate data to the client.
Understand of the fundamentals of drilling systems and process.
Interface with controls engineer in downloading, uploading, and troubleshooting software in PLCs
Actively participate in the knowledge management system within the segment keeping up with the continuous improvement culture
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
Skills & Experience Required
- Must be experienced in Managed Pressure Drilling operations.
- An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
- Capable of keeping abreast of an evolving portfolio of products and services
- Delivers solutions and decisions that are effective and constructively impact both NOV and our customer’s organisation
- Good understanding of Risk Assessment and Mitigation process
- ONC/HNC /HND in Engineering
- City & Guilds 2391 17th edition /2382 Inspection and Test or equivalent vocational qualification
- Electrical/Mechanical knowledge within installation, commissioning, servicing and maintenance environments
- Ability to create and track individual and team metrics
- Interpretation of engineering drawings
- Use and troubleshoot human machine interfaces
SKILLS, TRAINING OR SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of industry standards
- Lifting equipment, pressure testing, and pipework assembly
- Control Systems programming
Claire or Natalie
Various Locations in Europe