Material & Yard Coordinator
The Material and Yard Coordinator is responsible for receiving, storing and dispatching material within the workshops and yard, in a safe and timely manner and in compliance with all procedures, standing instructions, legislation and safety standards. The post-holder is directly responsible to the Operations Manager. The post-holder will have regular contact with other teams within the business such as Quality, Production, H&S and Supply Chain.
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with defined Quality Procedures, Standards and Directives.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Environmental Control Policies and Procedures and Statutory Regulations at all times.
- Ensure compliance of the Company’s Health & Safety Policies and Procedures, Safe Working Practices and Statutory Regulations at all times.
- Responsible for all movements coming in and out of the yard relating to third parties contractors, including all safe loading and unloading processes of material.
- Responsible for controlling safe storage of all inventory and customer owned materials in the yard.
- Responsible for controlling safe storage of all coupling inventory on site and all movements of couplings in and out of the warehouse.
- Responsible for monitoring condition of all inventory and customer owned materials in the yard.
- Operating bundling machine to assist with bundling and unbundling duties for Rig Ready and Rig Return materials.
- Loading and unloading transportation frames as and when required.
- Working in partnership with the services and Accessories teams, loading and unloading the designated workshops to ensure productivity is maximised.
- Investigate and identify actions relating to any material/stock discrepancies.
- Accurately complete all documentation pertaining to the receipt and dispatch of material.
- Update relevant company systems with customer material, stock and consumables movements.
- Correctly pack all material as per Client and company requirements and procedures.
- Contribute toward high standards of housekeeping being maintained at all times within the workshops and yard areas.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal departments to assist with the efficient operation of control of material.
- Ensure the correct use of forklifts and lifting equipment as set out in legislative and procedural policy; If authorised to carry out lifting activities (Forklift Operations / Banksman & Slinger duties), ensure that they are carried out in accordance with the Company’s Operating and Lifting Procedures
- Pro-actively contribute to a culture of safety excellence - e.g., attend and contribute to safety meetings, raise with safety champions, undertake Safe Interventions when appropriate.
- The post is Aberdeen based;
however, the post holder may be required to visit other company sites or
customer premises. The post-holder may also be required to work outdoors in all
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Experience as a Warehouse Operative, Yard Operative, Stores Operative / Stores Person, Workshop / Manufacturing Operative or similar
- Clean drivers license
- Forklift Truck experience (12+ Tonnes)
- Counterbalance Forklift experience (8+ Tonnes)
- Maintains positive work relationships
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Ability to present a positive company image through first class customer service delivery and customer engagement
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Reliable and conscientious, with good time management skills
- Good communicator and ability to work under pressure and unsupervised
- Proactive in seeking and implementing ways to improve operational performance
Natalie or Claire
Bridge of Don