Mechanical Technician/ Watchkeeper
The Mechanical Technician / Watchkeeper is responsible for the safe and efficient functioning of all aspects of the mechanical equipment of the installation and assisting in specific production areas as required. Also responsible for safely operating and monitoring the Engine room equipment, utilities and Power generation prime movers.
The Mechanical Technician / Watchkeeper is responsible to the Mechanical Lead for:
- Carrying out activities to ensure the safe and efficient functioning of all aspects of the Maintenance Department.
- The safe condition of all machinery, that it is operated in a safe manner and that all operations are carried out according to correct and safe procedures as directed.
- Monitoring of machinery to ensure efficient operation, to minimise fuel and oil consumption and to ensure maximum availability of machinery at all times as directed by the Mechanical Lead.
- Watchkeeping duties including making regular tours of inspection of machinery and ensuring that accurate readings are obtained for the completion of logbooks.
- Carrying out water tests and log as required by the Mechanical Lead.
- Carrying out maintenance and grease sampling as directed by the Mechanical Lead.
- Operations of the following systems as required by Mechanical Lead:
- The good working order of all emergency plant and equipment at all times.
- Efficient and economic use of spare equipment.
- Service Systems
- Steam System
- Hotel Systems
- Administration of Maximo Maintenance Management System (MMS) for Planned and Corrective Maintenance work orders.
- Supporting in the area of safe handling of refrigerants as appropriate.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
Natalie or Claire