Team Recruitment are looking to recruit a Personnel Officer for our Drilling Client based in Aberdeen. This is a contract position for maternity cover.
The Personnel Officer will assist human resources staff with administrative functions such as maintaining files and records, coordinating routine reports and administering employee programs. Requires knowledge of personnel policies and procedures related to employment practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain personnel files for Corporate employees.
• Coordinate Employee Referral Award Program, including tracking of referrals received and appropriate distribution to Recruiters.
• Assist the employment process helping with new employee orientation, travel arrangements and scheduling.
• Maintain and update employment documents, records and files.
• Work with Risk Department and Vendor Master to set up new vendors and independent contractors.
• Data entry in HRIS, Applicant Tracking System, and any other employment software systems.
• Create and maintain various department reports and logs.
• Participate in staff meetings.
• Assist with general office functions and assist other staff as the workload requires.
• Provide relief for Personnel Assistant as required.
• Provide expertise in local employment and labour relations practices (ensuring employees are aware of rights and entitlements)
• Support HR with departmental KPI’s.
• Accurate weekly crew change lists have been sent to Clients and installations.
• Recruitment and hiring procedures are adhered to, including pre-employment training requirements.
• All promotion, demotion, redundancy, terminations and employment controls are received from Senior Offshore Supervisor.
• First point of contact for all HR queries from assigned rigs.
• Arrange all employee medical both OGUK and Liberian and maintain reports.
• Support HR with absence management, pre-employment medical arrangements and tracking referrals and long term absences.
• Work closely with HR to review and update all policies in line with current legislation and best practice.
• Support the HR with grievance, disciplinary and capability investigations and hearings.
• Participation in “On Call” Rota System.
• Provide onshore support during Emergency Response.
• Check daily timesheets against POB.
• Review and approval of invoices and expenses.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or similar, OR
• Two years of experience in HR related field, OR
• Any similar combination of education and experience.
• Experience in the Oil and Gas or Offshore industry preferred.
• The ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines with good organizational and interpersonal abilities.
• An ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with exceptional judgment and discretion.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and Pro-active rig visits