Principal Piping Designers
We are recruiting Principal Piping Designers for our client in Aberdeen.
This role is offered on a staff or PSC/LTD contract basis.
- Execute Plant Layout and Piping discipline design activities within budget and schedule.
- Provide discipline specific input into tenders and proposals as required.
- Assess and continuously improve working practices, systems, personnel and team efficiency and performance.
- Ensure that assigned work is completed within budget and schedule
- Support the Lead Designer as required to allocate work, supervise personnel, and ensure delivery to schedule
- Production and checking of discipline deliverables and input to multidiscipline deliverables
- Maintain project plan and provide progress updates for assigned scopes
- Maintain project scope/schedule change(s) in accordance with project change control process in conjunction with Planning, Project Engineering & Project Control functions.
- Ensure compliance to applicable/up to date standards, regulations, codes, and procedures
- Estimate/schedule preparation and electronic submission
- Represent Piping in Safety and Design reviews
- Conduct ad-hoc offshore / site surveys
- Conduct and support the competency assessment of discipline personnel (where applicable).
- Maintain regular contact and dialog with Lead Designer and/or Head of Piping Design, highlighting issues, concerns, or areas for improvement.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Experience of participating in teams of Engineers, Designers and working to technical standards within.
- Strong communicator and proven ability to delivery results across a complex group of internal, and external, stakeholders.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in the Oil & Gas industry with HNC in appropriate Eng. subject.
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software and ReCAP cloudscan software
- Competent in the use of E3D and associated cloudscan software
- Competent in quality control and engineering procedures
- Excellent attention to detail, diligence, and self-discipline
- Highly motivated and self-reliant with excellent teamworking skills