Principal Structural Designer
We are currently recruiting a Principal Structural Designer for our client in Aberdeen.
This is a full time role, staff or PSC/Ltd Co offered.
- To supervise and provide support to structural designers.
- Produce structural deliverables in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Check and approve structural deliverables in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Prepare & check materials take-offs and bill of materials.
- Undertake offshore surveys and create survey reports.
- Assist in the preparation of CTR estimates
- Provide technical input during detailed engineering of projects if requested.
- Support pod lead with progress, time sheet collation and general pod administration as required and requested.
- Support pod lead with estimating / scope definition activities as required and requested.
- Contribute to the development of structural designers.
- Establish good working relationships and communication with designers, other discipline leads, department managers and clients.
- Assist the Lead in monitoring and maintaining project plans, and provide progress updates for assigned scopes as required
- Contribute to the general “health” of the department and maintain regular dialogue with the discipline Heads with any suggestions on how to improve from a technical and infrastructure point of view.
- Assist with training and supporting the company’s trainee development scheme.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- 10 Years’ experience in the Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industry and ONC in engineering (or equivalent) or:
- 8 Years’ experience in Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industry and HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrable competence in the use of AutoCAD 2D & 3D and ReCap software
- Demonstrable experience in originating and checking of relevant engineering design deliverables
- Good working knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Highly motivated and self-reliant with excellent teamworking skills
- Ideally relevant offshore mandatory requirements (Survival, Medical, MIST, EBS etc.)