Procurement Co-ordinator (Part-Time)
Responsible for all procurement. Provide support to the Operations and Sales Departments in UK and Europe. Responsible for purchasing the best quality Equipment, Goods and Services at the most competitive prices. Responsible for the flow of incoming materials and outgoing products, to ensure both internal and external customers receive orders on time. Ensures the procurement process is cost effective, timely, efficient and compliant with country/regional regulations and Company Policy
- Accurately prepare Purchase Orders in E1 (JD Edwards), ensuring requisition forms (when required) are completed from departments who originated request.
- Check Requisition forms for accuracy (specifically their terminology and specifications) and assess if quantities are sufficient for needs
- Track and check deliveries to ensure ordered items are received
- Liaise with Suppliers regarding order changes, cancellations or late/missed deliveries
- Liaise with Departments regarding order status. Provide updates on changes, cancellations or assist with ordering more material if required.
- Apply company procedure when obtaining Quotes and placing Orders.
- Maintain purchasing records and price lists for pricing purposes.
- Maintain and build upon existing Vendor lists, to secure the best service and pricing available to the Company.
- Regularly review Supplier pricing and product specifications to determine best quality and value. Compare prices, specifications, delivery dates in order to determine best quote from potential and current suppliers.
- Manage external Supplier relationships in scheduling or expediting deliveries; resolve shortage issues, missed or late deliveries, or any other issues regarding Purchase order.
- Establish relationships with key suppliers who are aligned to the company’s needs.
- Manage the review process for selecting New Suppliers of goods and services in accordance with Company procedures.
- Foster close working relationships with key departments e.g. Warehouse, Operations, Laboratory and Sales.
- Assist with purchasing for key or special projects; track status of Requisitions, Suppliers Orders, and Delivery schedules; update all relevant parties of progress, or of issues that may impact the projects.
- Ensure completed delivery notes are passed to the Accounts department
- Ensure timely supply of invoices to the Accounts department for payment processing
- With the Plant Supervisor and UK Operations Manager, co-ordinate the servicing and repair requirements of Equipment Maintenance schedules and Company Vehicles (including Forklifts); and assist with Lifting Enquiries.
- With input from the Plant Supervisor and UK Operations Manager, control stock inventory levels in line with Repairs and Maintenance schedules.
- Support the Laboratory with their Calibration requirements.
- Assist with and action tasks associated with Facilities maintenance i.e. company offices, warehouses, quaysides.
- Purchase Personal Protective Equipment and other safety equipment as required.
- Maintain departmental documents and files in good order.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Able to create and submit accurate paperwork to company-required standards. Ability to effectively present information, and respond to questions from suppliers, clients and managers.
- Proactively works to achieve tasks and objectives in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Be an effective problem-solver. Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Be analytical, organised, self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Be an effective negotiator, acting as intermediary between suppliers and internal departments. Have excellent attention to detail and compile accurate documentation and business correspondence
- Previous knowledge and experience of purchasing and procurement processes required, ideally in a major Oil and Gas service company environment. Intermediate skill level of MS Excel, Word and Outlook as a minimum, and experience of JD Edwards Enterprise 1