Project Engineer - Developments & Decommissioning
Our client is looking for a Project Engineer to join their team on a contract basis for a duration of 12 months initially.
This role is to suit a Graduate with several years post qualification experience only due to development potential.
The Project Engineer role supports project activities for the Developments & Decommissioning Department.
This is a contract and a development role for someone who ideally has background / experience in process/ front end/ flow assurance/subsea study. The individual should enjoy working as a team and be enthusiastic about gaining varied engineering and technical experience whilst developing their project management skills.
The Project Engineer will have shared project team accountability for successful execution of development and decommissioning projects.
Duties & Responsibilities to include:-
- Provide engineering and technical input to & development & decommissioning projects under the guidance of the Project Lead
- Working together with different functions to ensure a cohesive team environment in which to deliver successful projects
- Develop technical scopes of work for study and execution contracts
- Take ownership for delivery of small to medium packages of work, including management of cost and schedule
- Technical research and preparation of concept studies and recommendation for implementation
- Support the Project Lead in preparation of the Project Delivery Process and gate documents
- Support the Project Lead to maintain and develop project management tools such as project schedules, risk register, and technical reporting for audit close out
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
Functional Job Skills
- Strong academic background;
- Must be keen to learn and develop technical and business skills;
- Must be able to prioritise multiple work fronts;
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Adaptability and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Experience in concept Pre-FEED, Feed Studies
- Experience in process studies
- Experience in Controls studies
- Experience in subsea projects both design and execution
- Engineering Degree required
- Commitment to continuous professional development