Senior Contracts Engineer
Our client in Aberdeen is recruiting a Senior Contracts Engineer.
This role is full time - office based
Purpose of Role:
- To provide proactive and comprehensive support to the business across all areas of activity undertaken by the SCCO Contracts and Procurement Team – International. The role shall support our North Sea and African assets and may support any of our departments.
- To protect and enhance the commercial interests of company in its contracting activities with all third party service providers.
- A strong emphasis will be placed on ensuring that business undertakings are committed on the most cost-effective and minimal risk basis, all in accordance with company’s contracting strategies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities to include:
- Be pro-active in the preparation of contract strategies and development plans for ongoing requirements.
- Co-ordination and preparation of tender strategies and enquiries including prequalification requirements.
- Co-ordination and evaluation of tender submissions, including development of commercial and contractual evaluation models, conduct clarification and negotiation meetings, prepare and present recommendations to award to management.
- Prepare contractual documentation, setting up files in accordance with our procedures.
- Post-award contract administration, rate negotiations, claim/variation agreements, contract amendments, performance assessments and the maintenance of comprehensive files.
- Provision of day-to-day liaison/advice service on commercial and contractual matters to personnel within the relevant business lines to ensure company’s best interests are maintained.
- Research and resolve all commercial/contractual issues involving and/or referring to company Legal, Finance. Tax and Insurance advisers as appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of market intelligence relevant to the vendors providing/who may provide services to the company.
- Development and implementation of key performance indicators and continuous improvement of contractor’s performance against same.
- Use of commercial expertise to create significant savings in relation to mitigation of claims from contractors or in the preparation of claims against contractors/other parties.
- Effective co-ordination between Commercial & Contracts team, other departments and contracting entities to minimise problems/claims.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications