We are recruiting a Senior Planner for our client based in Aberdeen.
This is a full time, permanent role offering hybrid working.
- An important role, responsible for delivering all planning activities within a contract. This role will inform and advise the Project/Contract Manager and key contract stakeholders on the plan performance of the contract through plans, forecasts, histograms, analysis, control measures, S-curves, and reporting. All Senior Planners report into the Lead Planner and in some cases will planners and or trainees report into them.
- This role will prepare and issue plans and deliverables on time and to the expected quality standards including trending and schedule risk analysis with narrative. The role will look to establish and develop a good working relationship with client project controls counterparts and demonstrate high levels of professional conduct and discipline. The senior planner will be expected to support the lead planner with any contract specific tasks or reporting.
- Client: Customer satisfaction, with respect to the timeliness and quality of client deliverables and customer relationship management with respect to the planning service.
- Management: Feedback of issues, initiatives, and requests for support to the Lead Planner.
- Service Provision: Effective and compliant delivery of the appropriate planning and reporting processes. Liaise with project control functions, cost, estimating and document control to provide best practice.
- Attending all planning meetings within the contract ensuring meeting quality and effectiveness is maintained
- Develop WBS, baselines, schedules, and the regular monitoring of such
- Identification and reporting of planning risk and supporting the management of change, growth, and variation
- Production of regular planning reports with accompanying narrative, in line with business and client requirements, which may include histograms, s-curves, and planner boards.
- Analysis of schedule attainment, SPI/CPI, resource levels, critical paths, float, and other metrics as required
- The role will stand in when necessary for the Lead planner or Planners, at the direction of the Lead Planner.
- Provide support / training to other members of the planning, project, and project team.
- Compliance with planning procedures and templates and will support the periodic audit work to ensure consistency of application use.
- Maintaining and following specific work instructions.
- Expectation to be fully conversant with applications, IGRIS, Insights, Power BI etc.
- Interface daily with project team and project controls team to ensure accurate reporting and trustworthy data sets.
- Drive a culture of WeChallenge
- Supporting planning team development through coaching, mentoring and performance management where required.
- uphold and demonstrate highest standards of professional conduct.
- Active participation with team to share best practice, provide motivation and support the wellbeing of colleagues.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Planning experience of a minimum 3 years in existing Senior planning role
- Experience on full cradle to grave project lifecycles.
- Must have strong working knowledge of project controls theory and practices.
- HNC or higher qualifications preferred
- Primavera experience critical
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, diligence, and self-discipline.
- Acceptive of feedback and responsibility for improving performance.
- Great leaderships skills, enthusiasm, incitive and drive.
- Able to handle change effectively and adapt to new situations
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project/company goals.