Senior Structural Designer
We are recruiting a Senior Structural Designer for our client in Aberdeen.
This role is considered on a staff or contract basis.
Key role to ensure structural design activities are delivered in alignment with company integrated delivery model. You will assist the Lead Structural Designer in the preparation of design deliverables, managing delivery and maintaining technical excellence for your allocated team / project portfolio. Reporting directly to the Lead Structural Designer.
Day to day -
- Produce structural deliverables in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Check structural deliverables in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Prepare & check materials take-offs and bill of materials.
- Undertake offshore surveys and create survey reports.
- Provide technical input during detailed engineering of projects if requested.
- Establish good working relationships and communication with designers, other discipline leads, department managers and clients.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- 7 Years’ experience in the Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industry and ONC in engineering (or equivalent) or:
- 6 Years’ experience in Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industry and HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrable competence in the use of AutoCAD 2D & 3D and ReCap software
- Demonstrable experience in originating and checking of relevant engineering design deliverables
- Good working knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Ideally relevant offshore mandatory requirements (Survival, Medical, MIST, EBS etc.)