We are recruiting a SHE Advisor (Management Systems & Assurance) for our client based in Aberdeen.
This is a full time, contract role with an initial duration of 12 months.
Purpose of Role:
Provides active support, advice and guidance to onshore and offshore SHE and Operational Departments on the company Safety, Health, and Environmental Management System (SHEMS) to manage and reduce major accident hazard risk, occupational health and safety risk, and minimise the impacts on the environment as a result of company business activities.
Duties & Responsibilities to include:
Develop, implement and maintain SHE Management System
- Identify the relevance and assess the impact of new or updated legislation; new knowledge and current best practice – facilitate the review and update of procedures and documentation as necessary
- Develop the SHE Management System in line with industry guidance and relevant standards
- Monitor and measure management system / procedure review progress and compliance.
- Lead and facilitate the Annual SHE Review process.
Audit & Active monitoring Programme(s)
- Develop audit strategy and manage SHEMS Audit Programme in line with Company and Regulator expectations, and Industry Guidance (Risk based, with a focus on RSP compliance)
- Identify and manage specialist SHE audit requirements (eg. Pipelines, Diving, Radiation, Asbestos, etc.)
- In conjunction with the Competence Team Leader, identify Vendor Audit requirements in line with SHE-PRO-601
- Develop, implement and maintain a suit of Active Monitoring / Self-Regulation audits across the business
- Develop in-house capability, and establish and maintain a pool of competent/experienced auditors
- Generate and/or develop suitable audit TORs, checklists, etc.
- Lead audits and provide support and guidance to new Auditors and Audit Team Leaders
- Provide Leadership with updates / reports on the status of the audit programme, identifying any threats or opportunities
- Lead or participate in Incident Investigations as required.
- Lead or participate in Risk Assessments.
- Participate in Contractor management processes – eg. SHE Evaluation of Vendors and Contractors
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- BOSIET (offshore travel required)
- Formal Health, Safety, and/or Environmental Qualification (or equivalent vocational training and experience)
- Strong team player but able to work as an individual
- Strong customer focus
- Proven ability to communicate well with operational and supervisory personnel
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to identify and implement improvements
- Ability and confidence to make informative decisions
- Experience of Incident Tracking databases and incident investigation skills
- Background in Health & Safety support to energy sector or other major hazard industry
- Good understanding of SHE management systems, safety observation schemes
Angela / Stacey