Waste Transfer Co-ordinator
The Waste Transfer Co-ordinator is to support Operations through the timely assessment and classification of waste residue returned by the customer and the issuing of Waste Transfer certificates to assist with the prompt turn round of chemical cargo tanks.
The role requires close dialogue with Operations to ensure certification and documentation are accurate and dealt with in a timely manner.
The role will also be required to provide direction and guidance pertaining to the interaction and handling of all chemicals as well periodically auditing adherence with procedure and legislation.
General authority for all day to day expediting decisions relating to chemical waste transferred to and from site as well as directing Operations on all HSE matters concerning the handling/interacting with chemical waste.
- Assess and categorise all incoming chemical wastes
- Manage all chemical wastes being transferred from site.
- Maintain an auditable trail of all chemical wastes entering and leaving site.
- Support Operations through guidance by training and documentation/procedures to ensure safe handling/interaction of chemical waste.
- Co-ordinate emergency response drills to deal with unscheduled release and significant safety situation.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with procedures and all documentation.
- Issue all Waste Transfer documents in a timely manner
Stop work by challenging and stopping unsafe acts and behaviours or unsafe conditions as well as recognise positive approach to health, safety and well being.
Comply with Standard Operating Procedures defined in responsibilities above, and company STOP WORK system.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Chemical role.
- Minimum of WAMITAB 2 (Hazardous/Non Hazardous): Essential
- NEBOSH Diploma: Preferred