- The main purpose of the Yard Operative is to assist in the undertaking of all rigging, lifting and loading operations across all Company sites as instructed by the Yard Foreman.
- Loading/Unloading of containers following Best Practice for the safe Packing and Handling of Cargo to and from Offshore Location
- Driving forklift for loading and unloading of materials.
- Banksman/Slinging duties as directed by the Yard Crew Foreman
- Responsible for keeping yard areas tidy at all times
- Housekeeping duties as directed by the Yard Crew Foreman
- Responsible for continuous checking of all plant/equipment reporting any faults or defects to the Yard Crew Foreman
- It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with the Company's HSEQ Policy and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of the company’s Management System. The incumbent must report any incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products, services or systems to their Line Manager.
- The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under country-specific health and safety legislation to follow all Company processes and procedures and familiarize themselves with the emergency response arrangements applicable to them. The incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises
- The above responsibilities are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the incumbent may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate alternative or additional duties as may be required which are within their capability and competence
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Forklift Certificate (recommended but not essential as training will be provided)
- Banksman / Slinger Experience (recommended but not essential as training will be provided)
- Mobile Crane Operator Certificate (Preferred but not essential)
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Must demonstrate high level of adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to work as a team
Natalie or Claire