Principal Structural Designer
Key role to ensure structural design activities are delivered in alignment with the companies integrated delivery model. You will assist the Lead Structural Designer in the estimating, preparation of design deliverables, managing delivery and maintaining technical excellence for your allocated team / project portfolio. Reporting directly to the Lead Structural Designer.
- To supervise and provide support to structural designers.
- Produce structural deliverables in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Check and approve structural deliverables in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Prepare & check materials take-offs and bill of materials.
- Undertake offshore surveys and create survey reports.
- Assist in the preparation of CTR estimates
- Provide technical input during detailed engineering of projects if requested.
- Support pod lead with progress, time sheet collation and general pod administration as required and requested.
- Support pod lead with estimating / scope definition activities as required and requested.
- Contribute to the development of structural designers.
- Establish good working relationships and communication with designers, other discipline leads, department managers and clients.
- Assist the Lead in monitoring and maintaining project plans, and provide progress updates for assigned scopes as required
- Contribute to the general “health” of the department and maintain regular dialogue with the discipline Heads with any suggestions on how to improve from a technical and infrastructure point of view.
- Assist with training and supporting the company’s trainee development scheme.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- 10 Years’ experience in the Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industry and ONC in engineering (or equivalent) or:
- 8 Years’ experience in Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industry and HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrable competence in the use of AutoCAD 2D & 3D and ReCap software
- Demonstrable experience in originating and checking of relevant engineering design deliverables
- Good working knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Highly motivated and self-reliant with excellent teamworking skills
- Ideally relevant offshore mandatory requirements (Survival, Medical, MIST, EBS etc.)