Our client, an established energy services organisation, is actively looking for a Marine Technician to join their team on a permanent basis.
Primary duties include:
- Monitoring of hull stresses and the vessel stability and control of cargo/ballast distribution to maintain these within pre-defined limits and statutory requirements, whilst optimising the vessel loading condition in line with environmental conditions and vessel operations.
- Supervising Cargo reception, storage and offloading together with ballast systems, including operation of cargo and ballast control systems.
- Quality control of cargo for export includes sampling tanks, removal of excess free water, etc.
- Tank cleaning and gas freeing operations.
- Tank entry and maintenance operations within tanks.
- Acting as Area Authority for all areas which come under the auspices of the Marine department.
- Knowledge of Maximo system along with the ability to input/extract data as required.
- Maintaining Marine department Maximo inputs and managing same on a regular basis.
- Helicopter Radio Operations as required.
- Radio communications with vessels in-field as required.
- Ensuring continuous compliance with company schemes.
- Performing tasks in a safe and responsible manner, ensuring all personnel under his jurisdiction do the same.
- Standing in as Marine Lead as required.
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
It is essential that all applicants have previous FPSO experience, as well as holding all relevant certificates (Combined Offshore Survival, Fire Fighting and HUET certificate, MIST, OGUK Medical, Eng. 1 Medical, STCW ’95 Certificate of Competency as Chief Mate, and Dangerous Cargo Endorsement).
To apply, contact the team on 01224 561177, or alternatively send your CV and certificates to email@example.com.